If your church uses the Celebration Hymnal, the Hymnal for Worship and Celebration, the 1991 Baptist Hymnal, the Lutheran Book of Worship, With One Voice, the 1989 United Methodist Hymnal,the 1985 Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or the 1990 Presbyterian Hymnal, the Christian Virtual Hymnal is something you must have. It contains almost all the public domain songs in these and will provide unprecedented flexibility in creating transposable sheet music with optional chord names/fret diagrams, transposable chord charts and MIDI files for playing.
About 2170 public domain hymns from the above-listed hymnals are included. Transpose to any key. Reorder and/or delete any verses. Display SATB, lead sheets or chord
charts (verses only - no music - with chord names and fret diagrams).
Music and verses are the same as in the respective hymnals so no editing is required for congregations using these hymnals. No need to worry about copyrights as all hymns and arrangements are public domain. Use the Christian Virtual Hymnal (either by itself or in conjunction with a sequencing program) in place of an organist. Quickly print out just hymn verses for weekly bulletins or transpose hymns for the choir.
See hymns on your screen exactly as they will print. Specify things like whether you
- Traditional 4 part harmony as found in the hardbound hymnals or melody only;
- To use an alternate tune;
- To reorder verses and/or delete any verses --- display/print just the verses you want;
- Chord names or guitar chord frames or none;
- 1, 2, 3, all or no verses under the notes or after the hymn in 1 or 2 column format;
- Verses only (no music --- good for weekly bulletins) with optional chord names/fret diagrams;
And when playing,
- Change tempos and specify number of times to repeat playing;
- Specify different general MIDI instruments for the treble and bass clefs;
- Save hymns as a MIDI files for use in other programs.
We did not scan Christian Virtual Hymnal 2.0 download for viruses, adware, spyware or any other kind of malware.
For your safety, please have a decent antivirus installed, with updated definitions that will protect you from virus threats.
Our Security tip:
Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer to prevent Spyware installation!
Firefox is the best, safe web browser available today.